10 Step Finishing Process
1. All surfaces are machine/hand sanded, after which all dust particles are removed.
2. Pre-stains are applied evenly to provide base color uniformity.
3. Products are stained by hand and undergo a slow drying process.
4. Chemical resistant sealer is applied.
5. Sealed products are baked to ensure complete cure throughout.
6. Sealed surfaces are hand sanded with ultra fine sandpaper.
7. Catalyzed varnish and conversion varnish are applied.
8. Products are sanded with fine grit sandpaper.
9. All dust particles are re-moved.
10. Products are quality inspected for cleanliness and smoothness for all sides – inside and out!
Ronbow ONLY uses:
- Solid Hardwood Frames Construction* - All of our cabinets have solid wood frame construction for high durability. We use absolutely NO PARTICLE BOARD or
other cheap fillers! Our cabinets are designed to last.
- Hardwood Plywood*- Absolutely no particle board, HDF and Micro-Density Fiberboard MDF are used in any of our vanities! Many vanity manufacturers may show a cheap price, but offer a product that is designed to rot out and need replacing again and again. Our patented HARDWOOD PLYWOOD panels have the greatest dimensional stability, and are high tensile for durability and endurance. It has a high tolerance to humidity, and there is no swelling or sagging over time. Because our cabinets are more durable, it means that you are not going to need to replace them in the future as you would if you bought a lower quality product.
- All Plywood used meets strict CARB Standards
Cabinetry that is as eco-friendly as it is strong and beautiful
Strawboard is emerging as great alternative to traditional medium density particle board.
Unlike particleboard made of wood, strawboard is made of compressed straw from highly
renewable byproduct. Today, more homeowners than ever are improving their homes with
renewed bath areas. They know it is a great investment! And those who are exploring bath
renovation or additions are increasingly particular about their choices in style, materials
and price. A fast-growing trend is an environmental concern as customers choose their new cabinetry. Individuals are seeking eco-friendly products that still have the quality and look of fine furnishings.
Strawboard is a great alternative for the eco-minded customer! In fact, anyone considering bath cabinet replacement should know about Strawboard’s great features:
- Great strength: screws won’t split strawboard, and it holds crisp dove tails and other joints well
- Extremely moisture resistant: just what’s needed for a continuously damp environment such as a bath or a wet bar
- Very stable: won’t warp or crack Dense for clean, crisp definition of forms and edges
- Safe: no formaldehyde emissions
- Mold and termite resistance: Straw board is simply too dense to allow most spores to invade its surface
- Developed from quickly renewed sources: Strawboard is made using left over straw from wheat, barley and rice which means less waste. In fact, Strawboard actually has a NEGATIVE carbon footprint, since it’s not burned for disposal, as other straw is!
All pieces are carefully assembled and feature:
- Perfectly fitting Dovetail Construction
- Solid Hardwood Construction*
- Full Extension Drawers
- Soft Closing Drawers
- Soft Closing Doors**
- Soft Closing Hinges are installed with European, all metal, heavy-duty concealed hinges
- And Soft Closing Drawer Glides are extremely strong and durable. A grand total of 180 precision steel balls roll into the tracks. Even continuous loading does not alter their perfectly round shape. The special track profiles and steel balls form a unit that distributes forces evenly in all directions. The result is high stability both vertically and horizontally.
With the exception of the Marina style vanities, cabinet side panels are constructed of ½” select grade oak, beech, maple, or cherry ½” plywood veneer.
MDF is an acronym for Medium Density Fiberboard. With the exception of the Marina style vanity, the doors, drawers, and headers of our white cabinets are constructed with MDF. Essentially these are engineered boards that can be routed like solid wood. MDF is a very stable board that does not warp like solid wood can. They have a laminate layer that is thermally glued to conform to the routed details; they are very durable and easy to clean.
We use a flat-line, spray finishing system. After parts are cut, sanded and stained, they go through an automated spray booth where a water-resistant, clear catalyzed lacquer is applied in either satin, semi-gloss, or gloss finish.
The STANDARD and TALL vanities are constructed the same way, the difference between them is the STANDARD vanities are 31" tall and the TALL vanities are at 33-3/4" tall. Both of these vanities have ½” finished plywood drawer boxes, with dove-tail joinery and utilize side mounted, epoxy coated Euro-style drawer glides.
The PREMIERE upgraded vanities are constructed at the taller premium comfort height of 33-3/4" tall and except as noted below, are only available in the 21" deep vanities. A soft-close cushion mounted inside the cabinet's face frame prevents door slams, allowing the door to close softly and silently. The full extension drawer boxes of these vanities are constructed with ½” solid beech wood with dove-tail joinery and include under-mount, soft-close drawer slides. 18" deep vanities that do not have drawers, only doors, may be upgraded to PREMIERE; these will have the upgraded soft close door cushions.
We use select northern red oak, white maple, steamed beech, or natural cherry solid stock for our face frames. White vanities use solid stock with a vinyl wrap. Face frames are constructed with double pocket screws to insure square alignment and durability. Face frames are dado routed to accept the side panels.
Our tops are available in cultured marble, cultured onyx, and cultured granite. As their names imply, they have the look of genuine marble, onyx or granite, but they are manufactured with various fillers, resins and catalysts that can be poured into molds for a one piece engineered product. Though it is a less expensive alternative to natural stone, our cultured tops provide equivalent tensile strength to natural stone and they are easier to keep clean and maintain. Our vanity tops have an integrated back splash and sink bowl(s). This eliminates the need for grout/sealant lines which ultimately prevents mold and bacteria from forming in these highly susceptible areas.
The manufacturing process encompasses several steps. One step uses a non-porous gel-coat on the counters and integrated sink bowls which seals the product. Colorants are added to the polymer/filler matrix of our marble and onyx tops in a random manner which provides a “veining look” to the top; this veining mimics the appearance of real stone. The colorant in our cultured granite is mixed with the gel coat resins and is sprayed on before the polymer/filler matrix is poured into the molds. Our cultured marble tops are only available in a gloss finish. The cultured onyx and granite tops can be manufactured with either a matte/satin finish or the gloss finish.
This polymer casting process yields a strong, durable vanity top which will resist stains, most chemicals, heat from typical bathroom appliances (like curling irons on proper stands, etc.) and everyday wear and tear.
The main difference is appearance. As for durability, our cultured onyx is just as durable as our cultured marble, mainly because they use the same gel-coat manufacturing process. The fillers in the onyx use a blend which tends to make these tops appear more translucent and iridescent, giving the veining a little more 3 dimensional depth. The fillers in the marble are not as translucent. Marble tops will be a little heavier than the onyx tops.
Over-flow holes are not required; they are unsightly, un-gel-coated, un-sanitary (hospitals do not have over-flows in their sinks because they promote mold and bacteria growth), and they are un-necessary.
Yes we manufacture custom sized vanity tops ranging from 25” up to 97”. Double bowl tops start at 55”. Custom vanity tops are only available in 22” depths. Due to freight and packaging limits these vanity tops are only available to customers in California. See our custom sized vanity tops section of our web site for more information.
Our custom top program is for standard rectangular shaped vanity tops only. We use a pre-built mold that does not allow for bow fronts, banjo-style tops and other custom shapes.
Yes. Vanity tops without an integrated bowl will have the standard integrated 4” high back splash and one of the three drip-less edge details as indicated in step 4 of our Custom Vanity Top Order Forms. There is a price deduction for vanity tops without bowl(s) which dealers can provide you.
We do not recommend cutting, drilling or altering our vanity tops.
Use a clear silicone adhesive, like GE ® 100% silicone adhesive. Because of shrinkage that occurs during the curing process with all cultured marble product, it is impossible to guarantee that side splashes will fit perfectly on our tops. Some sanding may be necessary to insure a good fit. If this is the case, we recommend you scribe and mark the side splash, then belt-sand (using 80 grit sandpaper) to the scribe mark.